Hay diferentes opciones para obtener el nombre y el número de los procesadores Intel®.Los siguientes métodos aplican para todos los procesadores Intel®, tales como los procesadores Intel® Core ™, Intel® Xeon®, Intel® Pentium®, Intel® Celeron® e Intel Atom®.
Option 1: Operating System
- Press on the Windows key on your keyboard and start typing System, choose System Information which will show Processor information with the name, number, and speed of the processor.
- If the Windows key is not available on your keyboard, using your mouse, go to the Windows icon located on the bottom-left corner of your screen, right-click, and choose System. Look up the processor's name and number in the Processor information.
The examples below show the case when choosing System Information and System.
Type the following command
lscpu | grep "Model name"
Type the following command in the terminal app
sysctl -a | grep machdep.cpu.brand_string
See an example:
Option 2: Packaging Box
If you bought an Intel® Boxed Processor, the information about the number of the processor along with other information like the batch number (FPO) and the serial number (ATPO) are listed on the packaging box.
Option 3: Markings on the Processors
The name and number of the Intel® Processor is listed on the top of the processor. See the example below.
Watch this video to see how to identify your Intel® Processor name and number.
Identify the Generation for your Intel® Core™ Processors
You can also identify the generation of the processor if your processor is Intel® Core™. The generation of the processor is the first number after i9, i7, i5, or i3.
Here are some examples:
- Intel® Core™ Processor i7-10710U Processor is 10th generation because the number 10 is listed after i7.
- Intel® Core™ Processor i9-9900 Processor is 9th generation because the number 9 is listed after i9.
- Intel® Core™ Processor i7-9850H Processor is 9th generation because the number 9 is listed after i7.
- Intel® Core™ Processor i5-8600 Processor is 8th generation because the number 8 is listed after i5.
- Intel® Core™ Processor i3-7350K Processor is 7th generation because the number 7 is listed after i3.
- Intel® Core™ Processor i5-6400T Processor is 6th generation because the number 6 is listed after i5.
|Note||If you need more information about any Intel® processor, use the Product Specification Page (ARK) and enter the processor number in the search box.|