- Higher Per-Core Performance or Higher Frequency Performance: Up to 28 cores and 56 threads, per processor, for Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors. Up to 18 cores and 36 threads for Intel® Xeon® W processors and up to 6 cores and 12 threads for Intel® Xeon® E processors delivering high performance and scalability for compute-intensive workstation workloads. For frequency-bound workstation applications, Intel® Xeon® E processors provide up to 4.7 GHz of frequency to drive increased performance.
- Expanded I/O: 48 lanes of PCIe* 3.0 bandwidth and throughput for demanding I/O-intensive workloads.
- Intel® Advanced Vector Extensions 512 (Intel® AVX-512): With double the flops per clock cycle compared to previous generation Intel® Advanced Vector Extensions 2 (Intel® AVX2)1, Intel® AVX-512 boosts performance and throughput for the most demanding computational tasks in applications, such as modeling and simulation, data analytics and machine learning, visualization, and digital content creation.
Essential Workstation Features
- Error correcting code (ECC): Error correcting code, or ECC memory, automatically detects and repairs single-bit errors on-the-fly to keep workstation applications running reliably and free of data corruption.
- Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0: Dynamically increases the processor’s frequency, as needed, by taking advantage of thermal and power headroom when operating below specified limits.
- Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology (Intel® HT Technology): Delivers two processing threads per physical core. Highly threaded applications can get more work done in parallel, completing tasks sooner.
- Intel® Speed Shift Technology: Delivers dramatically quicker responsiveness with single-threaded, transient (short duration) workloads by allowing the processor to more quickly select its best operating frequency and voltage for optimal performance and power efficiency.
- Intel® vPro™ Technology: Intel® vPro™ technology delivers hardware-enhanced security, identity protection, and remote manageability to ease workstation deployment for IT managers.
- Integrated Intel® Ethernet: Intel 1 Gigabit Ethernet provides high-bandwidth access to simulation, rendering, or analytics servers.
Intel® Xeon® Scalable Processors Deliver World Class Performance for Expert Workstation Professionals
Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors deliver breakthrough performance for photorealistic design, modeling, and content creation done in real-time. Stunning professional quality VR experiences immerse the creator into the design, simulation, animation, and video.
With up to 28 cores at 3.8 GHz² or 6 cores at 4.2 GHz, per processor, the Intel Xeon Scalable processor delivers dual-socket, world class performance, to a broad range of workstation applications.