Intel® 82574 Gigabit Ethernet Controller Family: Datasheet
The 82574 family (82574L and 82574IT) are single, compact, low power components that offer a fully-integrated Gigabit Ethernet Media Access Control (MAC) and Physical Layer (PHY) port. The 82574L uses the PCI Express* (PCIe*) architecture and provides a single-port implementation in a relatively small area so it can be used for server and client configurations as a LAN on Motherboard (LOM) design. The 82574 family can also be used in embedded applications such as switch add-on cards and network appliances.
External interfaces provided on the 82574:
• PCIe Rev. 1.1 (2.5 GHz) x1
• MDI (Copper) standard IEEE 802.3 Ethernet interface for 1000BASE-T, 100BASETX, and 10BASE-T applications (802.3, 802.3u, and 802.3ab)
• NC-SI or SMBus connection to a Manageability Controller (MC)
• IEEE 1149.1 JTAG (note that BSDL testing is NOT supported) Additional product details:
• 9 mm x 9 mm 64-pin QFN package
• Support for PCI 3.0 Vital Product Data (VPD)
• IPMI MC pass through; multi-drop NC-SI
• TimeSync offload compliant with 802.1as specification
This document presents the architecture (including device operation, pin descriptions, register definitions, etc.) for the 82574. This document is intended to be a reference for software device driver developers, board designers, test engineers, or others who might need specific technical or programming information about the 82574.
Read the full Intel® 82574 Gigabit Ethernet Controller Family Datasheet.