Landesbetrieb IT.NRW: Pioneering Paperless Government
Landesbetrieb Information und Technik Nordrhein-Westfalen (IT.NRW) is the central IT service provider for the state management agency of North Rhine-Westphalia in Germany. Also acting as the state's statistical office, IT.NRW is responsible for recording and preparing the state's statistical data and monitoring trends. IT.NRW provided many employees with 2 in 1 devices using Microsoft Windows* 8, touch screens, and plans to roll out more over the course of 2014 and 2015. The long-term objective is to make content available digitally—content required for meetings that can be accessed on mobile devices using eAkte2Go*, a digital document management solution developed by Computacenter.
• Document management: Most employees require access to a wealth of information and data, and must juggle piles of paper-based documents as they make their way from meeting to meeting. The German E-Government Act plans for the use of e-file in the future
• Data protection: Information security is of the utmost importance to IT.NRW, in particular because employees handle documents containing confidential data on a daily basis
• Mobile computing: IT.NRW purchased 2 in 1 devices, namely the Lenovo ThinkPad Helix* with Microsoft Windows 8 and Intel® Core™ i5 processor and Intel Core i7 processors
• Flexible working conditions: With a 2 in 1 device, individuals can work in the way that best suits them, which promotes employee motivation and increases efficiency
• Employee productivity: Employees can now work from places other than their offices. Also, the long battery life of these devices enables mobile working over an extended period of time
• Cost efficiency: Switching to a digital document management system increases cost efficiency in terms of working hours, resources, and printing costs, reducing spending to manage and file documents
Read the full Landesbetrieb IT.NRW: Pioneering Paperless Government Case Study.